Thursday, September 9, 2010

Panic!

Everything was going beautifully!  All packed up at Chewton Glen, headed to Dover.  And Jill GPS took us right to the car rental place, where we dropped off the rental car.  Then the taxi to take us to the boat showed up like magic -- and dropped us off within a few yards of the cruise boat.  BUT, where was our big bag, sent two weeks ago via Luggage Free to the boat?!  Noone seemed to know.  It was supposed to be here Sept 3rd.  BUT the ship couldn't find it.  The shore people couldn't find it.  Our butler couldn't find it.  I was ready to leave the boat and go home, pouting.  Except, after a dozen phone calls from Bos to Luggage Free, the port authority, the front desk concierge the luggage appeared, broken but unbowed, so to speak.  NOW the cruise can begin!!

Tomorrow, Bos is off to D-Day battlefields.  We'll see if I get up to go to Rouen or I opt for a manicure!  RIght now the manicure seems like it is winning!!

5 comments:

  1. I would have left the boat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does broken luggage mean- we your undies hanging out of the bag? Will you be able to use it on the return trip...and more importantly will you use Luggage Free again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I didn't take that literally. I think Kathy was just using a figure of speech. I think the luggage might look a little worse for wear ("broken" but it's basically OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time for pampering. I vote pampering!

    ReplyDelete