Friday, September 18, 2009

You asked about food???

Well, you asked about food. I will wax eloquent about food in one of these blogs But now I am dog-tired tonight, as we just got on the ship and left Istanbul. We are soooo glad to be able to communicate and every single plug in our room has a communication device plugged in and charging, even the bathroom. So we will get around to food...and cave rooms...and rug merchants...and pottery places...and ....and ....and much more. BUT not tonight! And every single day from here on in for a week has a shore trip, so I will squeeze in writing time. Some funny things also! Suffice it to say, I have learned so much about the Middle East and Turkey, I have such respect for the Turks and their position in the world. Think about this: their eastern border has: Syria, Iran, Albania and Iraq. How'd you like THAT? And then, more than that, they LIKE the U.S. and are the ONLY secular Muslim country! I learned so much about Muslimism!! I could teach a course! And even saw whirling dervishes last night in our hotel -- and stop laughing! It is a very serious religious rite! More later after a couple glasses of wine and dinner and a shower and sleep and and and...

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are aboard and can rest and be pampered....as you see the world via shore excursions. Have fun and keep writing! We are loving reading your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been away at Canyon Ranch whree computers are not encouraged since we are to be peaceful and stress free--do not communicate with our job! But that couldn't last too long because I had to get back to your blog! I am glad that Istabul was such a great success and wait to learn about your experience at the caves..I too am glad that you are own board where you will begin a whole new series of adventures. I can't wait to hear and I am so glad that you have this blog so I can imagine the trip through your eyes as I think of your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being on the boat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm anxiously awaiting foodie stories, but now that you are on the boat, I know that we'l be treated with wonderful character sketches of your fellow shipmates! Get pampered, relax, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always thought being a whirling dervish would be really cool!

    ReplyDelete