Saturday, September 12, 2009

I FEEL A BLOG COMING ON...

It never pays to be sitting for many hours in the airport. You start thinking... You know, our friend Elaine. Well, she told us her husband Jim saw a doctor in Italy this summer who was treating his sore knees. He gave him a shot in the arm, rather than in the joint. It is supposed to be the latest thing! Why, you ask? It is because shots in the joint may crystallize. Now, I just had a shot in the hip joint. It is allowing me to walk a little. BUT the real question is: Will I also crystallize? And do the crystals sparkle like diamonds? Can you have them set in rings, earrings, necklaces? Maybe could this surpass DeBeers somehow and make us rich?

Also, since we have so much time: I have downloaded 5 years' worth of books to my Kindle and Bos was doing the same -- mostly because it is FUN to download books to Kindles. And I sent him to the bookstore to get me magazines, since Kindle magazines don't have pictures or graphs and I require those sort of things! So now we have The Economist, Harpers, The Atlantic -- and Popular Mechanics. Guess who that's for...?

Also, the advantages of hip bursitis: can't move a lot. Which means: I can't go to any restaurants to eat lunch. So I am eating pretzels and water for lunch. That HAS to be dietary. Somehow. Maybe I have lost a few pounds already? Or, on second thought, since I can't move a lot, maybe pretzels cause weight gain! OR --MAYBE I COULD WRITE A BOOK ABOUT THE BURSITIS DIET kinda like the South Beach Diet and start a whole new trend!! Lots of positive things. However, it also means you can't go pee frequently, which would hinder my dearest friend Joanie (who is in the bathroom at least 3 times an hour) from going on the diet! Maybe not such a good idea, huh!!

Now we are down to two plus hours. Hurrah!

2 comments:

  1. Actually Jim's shot was a little lower on his body and it worked. Glad you shot helped- no matter where it was received. Let us know if you get crystalized. Maybe it will only make lots more things crystal clear for you as you travel.

    ReplyDelete