Thursday, September 10, 2009

Which is Better: Packing or a Root Canal??

Most people would think this is a silly question. But not for me. I chose the root canal! This morning I had a root canal and a filling in a molar -- and it was a breeze compared to the behemoth task of packing for this trip! On the whole, I have 30 teeth or something like that and I'd take the root canals in all of them if someone would just DO the packing for me!!!

Where are we on the task? Well, Bos put up the dreaded rolling rack this afternoon. It looms over the staging area. The only good thing is I can avoid that bedroom quite easily. In fact, I think I have solved the clothing problem. I was going to bring back burqas for my friends. So far I have orders from them for 8 burqas. I found these burqas (brown or blue) on the internet because: why carry them back when you can just order them! But then I thought the government might put me on the "suspicious list" or something when they found a person ordering 8 burqas in St. Louis and taking a trip to Turkey! So I thought, what if I just WEAR a burqa throughout the trip?! I'll fit in. And who cares what I wear underneath! And think how light our suitcases will be. Maybe I should get a burqa for Bos also!!

We are down to two days and counting. Well, really 1-1/2 days and counting. I have 9 hangers with camis laying on our bed. I con't need 9, but here we go... I HATE this! (I do know the shoes though -- 6 pairs so far!) We have to get serious very soon, don't you think???

3 comments:

  1. Someone should start a trip packing business. I think they'd make a killing! They'd just pick everything out, put it all in the suitcase, and you wouldn't even know what you had until you got to your destination.

    As for the 8 burquas...I'm pretty sure the government would just suspect you of having your very own harem. Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have room for a little old Greek lady in your suitcase? That way, a Greek could invade Turkey for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds liek the root canal won! :)

    ReplyDelete