Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Jet LAG!!

It is 1:15 a.m. and here I sit, staring at the ceiling, walls, the dark of the apartment.  And I wonder why they call it "Jet Lag".  It seems to me it isn't lagging at all, but taking control of my life!  I have tried reading, humming, furnishing a mythical new house if I were building one (which I am not.)  And tomorrow, or more correctly later this morning, since it is already morning, we are supposed to be going to Buckingham Palace like all those other tourists.  Betsy says Iris is really looking forward to it, although the Queen has abandoned her palace for the North country, not wanting to see the swarms of people, waiting in the rain.

Today Iris got a lesson on curtseying to the Queen --how you never turn your back to a ruling monarch and you have to keep curtseying every once in a while as you back up.  But, at Hampton Court Palace, where she went today, she preferred the maze, which she tried to do with her daddy.  In the rain.  Without an umbrella.  Until Daddy said no more and found the way out.  On the way home, the guide David took her past Windsor castle, which she proclaimed was the biggest and best, although the Queen was not there either.

Jet Lag, oh Jet Lag.  When will you go away??  This middle of the night stuff is pretty frustrating!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Iris is having a lot of fun! The tomatoes were delicious...thanks again Bos!
    Anonymous Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! The older I get the more my body AND mind lag from Jet Lag!!

    ReplyDelete